There are five sleeps left until Christmas. Are you as unprepared as I? There’s no shame in that game. Life is just too busy sometimes. If you can’t squeeze in an IRL shopping trip (though the slow-shopping experience is actually rather uplifting), thankfully things like Prime have been invented. There are always those last second gifts that leave you a little stumped. Stocking stuffers, the gift for that last Christmas cocktail party, your best friend who already has everything. But you don’t have to resort to cheesy mugs, bad t-shirts or other tchotchkes. With just a little extra online sleuthing you can, in fact, find some pretty dang looking gifts that will get to your front door with just enough time to wrap up and get them under that tree. Btw, if you think this shopping list might be self-serving because it represents everyone I still need to shop for, you might be right.
1. Showing up at a Christmas party empty handed is a major faux pax, but showing up with a bad bottle of wine is even worse. Why not gift something your host can enjoy long after all of the holiday trimmings are put away. An oversized marble candle is a nice step up from any old candle that you see everywhere. ($29)
2. I’m always hunting for the perfect little stocking stuffer that isn’t just total cheap crap. This lip tint by the organic skincare line Herbivore has purdy packaging and a universally flattering color. ($28)
3. There’s nothing I enjoy more than girl talk over good wine with a best friend. These rose gold tripped wine glasses would be a welcome addition to anyone’s bar. ($65)
4. If you know a cooking enthusiast, it can be tough to find them something interesting, but this cookbook featuring traditional Venetian dishes from famed restaurant Polpo would offer any home-cook a fun challenge. And I’m not just saying that because I honeymooned in Venice and am obsessed with food there and might want this book to show up under my own tree! ($34)
5. There are a lot of flasks out there. This is not a new nor groundbreaking idea for gifts for the guys, but if you’re serious about you guy having a little nip, give him a serious flask. This flask, sold at retailers like REI, is designed for the outdoorsman. It’s made of stainless steel, is leakproof and has a lifetime warranty. Leave those wanna be flasks at Urban Outiftters alone. ($16).
6. Moms seem to always love Christmas decor, but instead of another set of cheesy hand towels, why not give her a piece of cool modern holiday decor like this christmas tree will add cool touch to next year’s holiday trimmings. ($32)
7. Everyone loves cute animals, but they’re particularly fabulous in a nursery. This art print of a highland cow is so dang cute, I’d be happy seeing it anywhere in my house but I think a new mom would be so excited for something that lasts longer than a onsie or an overpriced pair of baby moccasins. ($25)
8. A salt and pepper shaker can be a pretty ho-hum gift, but this set designed by modern home furnishing brand Menu, shows you didn’t just grab something off the discount isle at Target – aka, you care . ($70)
I’m also pinning more of my favorite gift picks HERE