It’s summer people! SO forget hanging inside – it’s time to take the party to the yard. Or the deck. Or the roof – really whatever you have. No matter the size of your outdoor space you can make the most of it. Here are some of my favorite ideas.
1. Build some DIY furniture. If you’ve got the space, create an entire living area outside. But you don’t have to invest in all that pricey outdoor furniture. Some old packing paletes (which you can often get at the back of a Home Depot) topped with outdoor seat cushions are a great way to create low-key lounge-y seating. A vintage coffee table or even just stack more crates side by side give you spots to set drinks. Tons of throw pillows, a couple lanterns and hodgepodge of glassware feels relaxed, but elevated all at the same. If I had an outdoor area like, I don’t think I’d hang out anywhere else.
2. Create a shelfie. Styling doesn’t end at your backdoor. Creating pretty vignettes is the perfect way to add personality to your outdoor space. And you can do this on a tiny deck or in a massive backyard. You can create any kind of collection. Stack your outdoor pillows and throws. Corral your collection of candles or lanterns. Or simply group a bunch of potted plants. It’s your opportunity to show off your personality – and have a little practical storage as well!
3. Decorate like you would indoors. If you really want to take your outdoor space to the next level, put some fabulous indoor furniture on your patio space. This chic patio feels like an extension of the a kitchen with the Saarinen-like marble topped table and tulip chairs. Some potted greenery and more great throw pillows makes this cute little deck feel finished. You just want to make sure you have a covered area or really good weather to make sure your pieces stay in good shape.
4. Put a hide on it. Need a super quick way to elevate your outdoor furniture? Grab one of your sheepskins and toss it over a bench, lounge chairs or even your outdoor dining chair. This is a perfect look for an evening party. It adds a nice cozy touch.
5. Create the best seat in the house. Hanging chairs are having a bit of moment. But they really are such a fun thing to add any outdoor area. They immediately give any space a total vacation vibe. Even a tiny entry, patio, deck or backyard could accommodate one.
While I’ve only made a cursory attempt to style our own backyard (which you can see here), I’m dreaming and scheming about how I might spruce things up before the 4th of July weekend is upon us. Here are just a few things I’m currently coveting!
SHOP THE POST
sources: image 1 / image 2 / image 3 / image 4 / images 5