With time and creativity running out, my one fail safe gift for even the most modest of design enthusiasts is a gorgeous design book. I, for one, am actually quite excited to unplug over the holidays and I’ll most certainly be flipping back through my design books for some fresh ideas for the new year.
Scroll to find eight of my favorite titles below – all still available to arrive in time for Christmas. Thank you Prime.
1. Interior Portraits. Tour the eclectic homes of pioneers in art and design.
2. Perfect Imperfect. A perfectly (ha!) minimalist tome to the art of wabi sabi.
3. This is Home. Tours of homes from around the world that feel lived in. Beautifully.
4. Monochrome Home. Basically my color palette bible.
5. Modern Originals. Consider this book a must-have primer on all things mid-century modern.
6. The Alchemy of Things. Anything coming out of Australia inspires me these days but famed editor Karen McCartney has amazing eye for homes with true originality and character. This is going to make you want to buy all the vintage things.
7. Design by Nature. Peak inside Bay Area design guru Erica Tanov’s creative process and how she finds design inspiration in nature.
8. Joseph Dirand. The french architect is becoming stuff of legend. With his truly stunning work, its easy to see why.
Check all of our gift guides here for more items that offer rush shipping!