I used to pride myself on being able to put together a good outfit. But the throes of early motherhood and the fact that no two days in my world ever look the same have damped my old fashionista ways. But that doesn’t mean I don’t love a good look. It just needs to be accomplished extremely quickly and with little to no thought. The best way to do that? A major statement making piece. Just one piece of flair can turn your basics into a head turning look.
The gift guide below is intended for those statement-loving ladies in your life. But it also might secretly be my personal wishlist. I guess secret’s out now!
1. A Major Earring Moment. Jewelry is one of the easiest ways to sass up any look. I’d love to pair these Ariel Gordon double hoops (they’re hollow so they’re not heavy!) with my new favorite black turtleneck, jeans and a cute kitten heel.
2. Fuzzy Feet. The furry shoe, people. It’s a thing. It took awhile to grow on me, but now I’m really into them.
3. Hat Head. Throw on a good hat and you look like you tried. When in fact it’s exactly the opposite! Any hat by Janessa Leone is sure to do the trick.
4. A Shapely Tote.While the It Bag craze has died down, a unique bag is always a good look.
5. Cook Kicks. If the effort to wear heels is going to made, they might as well be really dang good looking. These playful geometric suede pumps are perfect foil to a timeless holiday dress.
6. Top it Off. When in doubt, a coat will make any outfit look polished. This belted houndstooth option is a classic in itself.
7. Totes Adorbs. Because a girl can never have too many bags this little tote is a perfect way to switch things up.
8. Sweet Sweater. I love the feminine shoulder detail on this darling chocolate brown cardigan.
image via the effortless chic